Your E-Mail application for a Supervised Intership should be sent to and include the following:
- motivation letter
- a concise CV
- a list of the courses you have taken so far including grades
- a brief portrait of the cooperating company
- a brief description of the project that you will be on
- a brief illustration of the theoretical and empirical concepts from your studies that can be a valuable input for the project
We expect each of the parts (4), (5), and (6) to be not longer than a short paragraph.
We will then make a decision based on our capacity restrictions and on the suitability of the topic.
If your application is successful, please hand in:
- a copy of the internship contract,
- your registration form from the Academic Records Office (ARO) for signing.
Please note that you can only be admitted to the internship if you have successfully completed the compulsory modules of the first semester, in accordance with the examination regulations. For admittance, you must apply to the Board of Examiners prior to the commencement of the internship in order to receive admittance status to the internship. For this the invitation or confirmation of the internship institution and a confirmation of your academic supervisor must be provided (registration form).
During the intership, you will be asked for at least one project presentation that informs us of your progress.
During your internship you need to discuss the topic of your report with your supervisor. Once you have decided on a topic, you need to register your Internship Report (registration form) at the ARO up until four weeks prior to the end of the internship.
After the registration you hand in the final internship report (reports without registration will not be accepted by the ARO).
Please follow the -> Internship regulations - especially regarding all deadlines for registration.
The report should contain:
- a project description
- a detailed characterization of your task and your input to the project
- an analytic or empirical part explaining how the theoretical and empirical concepts from your studies are connected to the management problem that you faced and to the input that you gave
The internship report must be printed with 1.5 line space and in a 11 or 12 point font (e.g. Times New Roman 12point) and should not be longer than 20 pages.